I completed 50 posts on Tuesday and the moment I published my 50th, I could see the top-right orange box blinking. To my utter surprise, I was notified that my blog has been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by mystudentstruggles which is one of the most fascinating and lovely blogs that I follow. (Thank you so much for the honour). All right, so after being all joyful and glad, I was wondering, what exactly does ‘Liebster’ mean? Google Search told me that it is a German word which means ‘favourite’ and at WordPress, this award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. I am sure most of you already know that (if you are a blogger) but since I am new to this whole WordPress scene, I was unaware of the award’s implication.
Okay, so I won’t irk you anymore (I promise) and will go ahead with the rules of this award.
- Answer the questions that your nominator posed to her/his nominees
- Pass the award on to five other bloggers
- Ask five questions for one’s nominees to answer
(I have copied these rules as stated by mystudentstruggles in her blog and I apologize for any discrepancies)
So, let’s get started in sequence:
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS AS POSED BY THE NOMINATOR:
- What is your favourite book? Which character do you identify with most and why?
This one is a little tricky because I have too many favourites, but if I had to pick one, I would go with ‘The diary of a young girl’ by Anne Frank. I read that book about seven or eight years back but it has remained with me ever since. I consider myself a lot like Anne Frank herself and those days when I was reading the book, I could imagine each and every thing happening in my life and I could resonate with Anne’s feelings and outlook.
- If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I would want to become more focussed towards my passion. I am pretty lethargic and that at times keeps me away from writing and even reading. So, I would want to boost my enthusiasm for things that really matter in life.
- Who is your hero/heroine?
If someone would have asked me this question around ten years back, my answer would have been ‘My Dad’. To be honest, today I do not know things are the same or not because your ideas, beliefs and emotions tend to change as you grow up, but I still don’t want to take that reverence away from him. So either my hero is my dad or its no one.
- What would it take for you to make friends with an old enemy?
It would just take a genuine smile, some words of apology or pardon and an affirmative soul. I do not believe in making foes because there is no point enveloping negativity in your heart towards someone. Love and friendship are good enough to make life rock 😉
- What keeps you writing when that dreaded monster known as ‘writers block’ strikes?
I certainly dread this monster because it strikes me pretty often. It kept me away from writing for months or probably even a year in the past. However, I have noticed that the more I read, the more stimulated I get to write. Especially when I read something that touches my heart. Consequently, each time I truly want to write keeping the writers’ block aside; I read.
MY NOMINEES FOR THE AWARD:
The following are some of the best blogs that I have been reading since I started with WordPress in August. They are all very inspiring and lovely bloggers. I am glad I found them 🙂
QUESTIONS THAT I WOULD ASK THEM:
- Who is your favourite author and why?
- Share with us one childhood memory, happy or sad, which had an impact on you.
- If you had to choose one person on planet Earth with whom you share the closest relationship, who would it be?
- What can make you smile in times of distress?
- Which is the most amazing and influential movie you have ever seen?
I am looking forward to reading the answers to these questions from the people I nominated.Right now I gotta go and congratulate them. I guess they would be delighted 🙂
Signing off for now, with a lot of better stuff coming up soon. Keep Reading!